Tuesday 11 March 2014

A Sunny Weekend Away

Well things have been a little quite on the blog this year so far so I am making a March resolution and I must write more blogs, repeat I must write more blogs.....

So far this year a lot of my friends and relatives have been having babies so I have been a busy bee trying to knit some baby bits. My favourite are my Mary Jane baby booties (pics on my twitter page @knittingdog) 

I am currently in the process on knitting some red Snow White inspired ones complete with rosy apple buttons! 

Me, my husband and Little Lola the Border Terrier have just come back from a weekend away in Shropshire, about 1 mile from the Welsh border. A little place called nantmawr. We staying in a cosy one up one down converted pigsty! Well it didn't look much like a pigsty anymore absolutely stunning, complete with log burner and bunting to boot. 

Not that we needed to log burner much, this has been the hottest weekend so far and the beautiful weather made our trip all the more enjoyable. 

We took in sights such as Lake Vyrnwy and its breath taking waterfall and a trip up the Moelydd along part of Offa's Dyke trail to the wonderful 306 degree views all the way across to the snow covered Snowdon. 

We really didn't want to come home. 

Well I must stop rambling and actually write more blogs so it's not such a massive one each time! I do like to whittle on! 

One last thing I am sooooo looking forward to starting my beginners sewing machine course at the end on April! More to follow .....

No comments:

Post a Comment